2018 Oxfordshire Strategic Intelligence Assessment SUMMARY
Executive summary of the main 2018 Oxfordshire Strategic Intelligence Assessment report.
The Strategic Intelligence Assessment (SIA) provides information about crime and community safety in Oxfordshire. It shows emerging trends and patterns in crime and disorder and future threats and opportunities.
The SIA is part of the evidence base which supports community safety partners to plan and target their work. This 2018 SIA updates the versions produced each year since 2014.
The following sources of data have been used:
- Crime data published by the Office for National Statistics in January 2018 (data running to September 2017) which allows for comparisons with national averages and similar areas
- Locally sourced data from Thames Valley Police, running to December 2017
- Other local and national datasets, as referenced throughout the report
New datasets added since the last version include:
- ONS experimental statistics on trends in crime severity
- Additional data on alcohol consumption
- Recent estimates of opiate and/or crack use