Oxfordshire Analyst Networking meeting November 2018
Thank you to everyone who came along to the Oxfordshire Analyst Networking Meeting in the Council Chamber of County Hall on 13th November. It was great to see some new faces mixed in amongst the familiar ones from the City Council, District Councils, County Council, NHS, Police and voluntary sector and there were a lot of lively discussions.
- Problem solving analysis in Thames Valley Police – Owen Miller
- MSc in Data Science at Oxford Brookes, experience so far – Julia Clark, R&I Oxfordshire County Council
- GDPR: issues for analysts – introduced by Bella, including group discussions
Slides are in the process of being uploaded onto the Oxfordshire Analyst Networking Knowledge Hub.
In small groups, we discussed how to make the most of our Oxfordshire Analyst Networking Knowledge Hub. Attendees who have joined the Khub were generally positive about its potential. We’d like to see more content, so here are some ideas to get people thinking about how they might benefit from it.
- New forum topic: 5 Questions to introduce analysts
- Library: Slides from the talks are starting to make their way into the library. Watch this space!
- Blogs: Ideas for blogs included GDPR, ACEs, and resources/datasets within your organisation would be much appreciated.
- Events: Know of any events coming up? Post them here, and while you’re there, register for the May Analyst networking event
Note that you can adjust the KHub settings to request email updates.
***SAVE THE DATE***
The next meeting will be held in the Oxford Town Hall. Please register for the event to be held on 14 May, 10am-12.30pm.